Thursday, July 26, 2012

And We Are Off (Again)!


Mr. Fonty and I are headed to Newport, RI today for the Newport Folk Festival. We've been wanting to go to this festival for years. It takes place at Fort Adams State Park right on Newport Harbor. 
The lineup is insane! Here are just a few of the bands I am eager to see:  MMJ, Patty Griffin, Iron & Wine, Deer Tick, Blind Pilot, Jonny Corndawg, Robert Ellis, Apache Relay, Alabama Shakes, Jackson Browne, New Multitudes, Of Monsters & Men, Jonathon Wilson, the list goes on and on. I told you it was good, people!
Friday night is a kick off show with Wilco, Blitzen Trapper, and Tunesday Favorite - Megafaun
While I have a feeling our trip will be a just a little different... I am so excited to see Newport after reading An American Heiress, and see all the turn of the century mansions
The Vanderbilt Family's "Breakers" summer "cottage"
Have a great weekend! ope you are hearing some good music too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment