Monday, January 30, 2012

Lights, Camera, FASHION!

Sunday's SAG Awards brought out a lot of fabulous fashions. A few people were able to redeem themselves after the Golden Globes (cough, cough Judy Green). We saw a lot of solids, especially in reds and whites.

My pick for best dressed of the evening is Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Couture. She looks incredible from her hair to her manicure. I saw this dress on the runway, and Zoe looks even better than the model. It is so stunning.
BEST: Zoe Saldana shimmered in a white hot and straight from the runway Givenchy Couture iridescent gown.

Kelly Osborn wore a stunning white Badgley Mischka that makes a girl glad Spanx was invented. But what is going on with her hair? Instead of correcting her Bea Arther hair, she contributed to the problem with her cascading front tendril. I haven't seen ringlets so bad since St. Francis High School's 1999 prom night.
BEST: Kelly Osbourne kept is simple and sophisticated in a stunning Badgley Mischka gown that featured embellished shoulders and a super cool belt that showed off her tiny waistline.

I don't really understand why all these stars have dresses made by designers predominately known for wedding dresses. They always end up looking like they're at a brides tradeshow. Kaley Cuoco in Ramona Keveza looks like a Creme de Minte pie cake topper. Her Heidi hair may have worked for Sienna Miller. Kaley's, not so much.
BEST: Kaley Cuoco looked better than ever in a mint green Ramona Keveza gown.

Michelle Williams looked like perfection in a classically red Valentino dress. Her shoes have a little "dye-ables" feel to me, but I will let it go since she looks so effortless.
BEST: Michelle Williams looked red hot in head to toe, wearing a lace paneled Valentino gown with a matching patent clutch, heels and Fred Leighton jewels.

I love the color of Julie Bowen's Temperly London dress. It was backless and so flattering on her bony frame. Julie was talking on the carpet about how she has the body of 14 year old boy. Kelly Ripa does this all the time too. Ladies, there is something you can do to combat this - eat something! It's amazing what some calories can do for the physique.  
BEST: Julie Bowen showed off her sexy back in a flowy and fabulous purple Temperley London gown, which she paired with a Judith Leiber box clutch.

Don't you want to be one half of the real like Jim & Pam?!
Emily Blunt and John Krasinski
This past weekend, my friend told me that I remind her of Liz Lemon. I took this as a total insult (except we do share a propensity to wearing plaid shirts). I came home and told Mr. Fonty, and he instantly said he agreed with my friend! I told him that I am not weird or quirky like Liz, and he proceeds to say, "I think it's compliment, she is every woman's dream, because she made it to the top without having to rely on looks." So, basically my husband just told me I'm like Liz Lemon, because I am boring looking, but have a good personality. Oh well, guess laughing together will be all we have when we're 80...
But anyways... Tina Fey looked rather hip-py in vintage Versace. Her hair and make-up look really pretty, but I think she could have worn a dress with a lot more flair - and a lot less hip.
BEST: Tina Fey glammed up in a vintage Versace gown.

Kristen Wiig, you are so funny and have an incredible figure. Why, oh, why did you have to top your gorgeous Balenciaga with that disaster Fred Leighton choker?! A big chunky turquoise or coral necklace would have been just the pop this dress needed.
WORST: Kristen Wiig opted for a sleek and sexy Balenciaga gown, but it was her accessories that lost her points a la mode. Her dark statement Fred Leighton diamond choker and peach colored clutch distracted from the beauty of her gown.

Kyra Sedgwick looked like a KNOCK OUT in Pucci. Good lord. This is how you keep your husband for 23 years. I love her styling and hair. The whole look is perfection. (What is not perfection is that floor length crushed blue velvet, Oksana Baiul costume behind her)
BEST: Hot mama! Kyra Sedgwick looked red hot in Pucci, showing off her year-old body art through the side cutouts of the sexy dress. She finished off the look with dazzling Fred Leighton jewels.

Eeek! Angelina Jolie is reminding us all of her blood vial days. She looked like the queen of the goth group in her Jenny Packham dress. I've seen the magazine headlines saying she is pregnant again. But unless she is growing a tapeworm in her womb, I don't see how a pregnant woman could have shoulders that bony.
BEST: Angelina Jolie looked sultry, sexy and sophisticated in a black Jenny Packham halter gown that showed off her enviable figure. She completed the jaw dropping look with House of Lavande and Platt Boutique jewels, Gucci heels and a Louis Vuitton bag.

I have no idea who Armie Hammer and his wife Elizabeth Chambers are, but they were stunning in Gucci.
BEST: Armie Hammer and his wife Elizabeth Chambers were a gorgeous couple in Gucci.

Rose Byrne can do no wrong in my book. Her Elie Saab pant suit is so awesome! My only change would be to wear a bright color peep-toe instead of the heavy black shoes she chose.
BEST: Rose Byrne definitely tried to “dress outside of the box” with her lowcut, Elie Saab jumpsuit, and the playful pantsuit made the Bridesmaids star standout in the sea of gowns.

Dear Lea Michelle,
Thanks for letting everyone know you left home without your undies. But, just something to remember, you play a drama nerd on TV. You are not a sex symbol. Stop trying so hard! Who told her the slit on this dress was even remotely appropriate?! With 2 inches more fabric in the slit, this dress would have been stunning on someone 20 years old - and 2 feet taller. I am afraid her bits are about to fall out in that first picture and her shoes look about 2 sizes too big in the second.

I know I said at the Golden Globes that no one could pull off  tea length, well I take it back. Emma Stone looked precious in Alexander McQueen. Her bag is awesome too. I think Stacy Keibler's Marchesa stole some of her lace.
BEST: Emma Stone looked 1950’s fabulous in a Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2012 tea length gown.
I can't decide whether I like Shailene Woodley's L'Wren Scott dress. She's young, so I appreciate the fun print, but it feels a little too Blue Hawaii to me. Do you think it was a nod to the setting of her movie? That would be way too cheesy. 
BEST: Shailene Woodley looked fabulously youthful in a floral L’Wren Scott gown from the Spring 2012 collection.
Doesn't Stacy Keibler look like a Heidi Klum stunt double?
BEST: Stacy Keibler looked sophisticated in a lovely lace Marchesa gown, paired with Jimmy Choo heels, Palladium and Jacob and Co. bling and a Judith Leiber clutch, while George Clooney looked dapper in a Giorgio Armani tux.
Judy Greer makes a major fashion comeback in this Collette Dinnigan dress. I bet the details are even more stunning up close. And how cute is her hot pink clutch!?
Judy Greer
Jenna Fischer, Jenna Fischer... You know you only play a dowdy sales rep on TV right? We will still think you are Pam even if you don't buy your fancy award show clothes at the American Cancer Society Consignment Shop.
Jenna Fischer
Dianna Argon looked fun, flirty, and age appropriate in this pink number.
Dianna Agron
I never thought Blossom's floppy flower hat would be considered an upgrade on an outfit.
Hi Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment