Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Year in Review

I can't believe 2012 is already over - and I apologize for the late post. It's been busy getting back to life after 2 weeks crisscrossing the country with family.
2012 was an action packed year. Below are the highlights as seen from the screen of my iPhone

We kicked off the year at The Smith's majestic Seminole Plantation in Thomasville, GA
 Went on a girls trip to LA to see SB & Glynnie
 In March, we went to Austin for SXSW

 And celebrated my 30th birthday in style at La Condessa

 We enjoyed the warm spring with afternoons at the farm
 Hip Pops got a storefront!
 Evie came to visit for Easter weekend!

 In May, we went to Sapphire
 And did some more road tripping
 Celia planned an unforgettable girls trip to Jackson Hole

 For Memorial Day and our anniversary, we spent the weekend in Sea Island

 Hip Pops were a big hit at AthFest
 Mr. Fonty and I went to NYC to see some tunes in Central Park

 Then recovered in Sapphire

 4th of July was spent at the ranch in Bandera, TX


 Then it was off to Santa Barbara for Molly's wedding

 The Big Mr. & Mrs. Fonty bought a house in Athens
 Also in July, we went to Newport, RI for the Newport Folk Festival. I can't wait to go back next year

 My parents joined us in Sapphire for the weekend and my dad was the big fisherman of the weekend
 From Sapphire, I went to Hernando Island, BC for the weekend with Glynnie


 Margaret & Tillman got married in Highlands, NC
 Labor Day weekend was spent in Sea Island with friends
 Ward & the Conley's came to Athens. Ryman is still tlaking about their visit.

 My brother and his girlfriend came for the week, and we went on a Southern road trip to New Orleans

 And before we knew it, it was football season again

 The end of September has me traveling home to celebrate Miss Monty's wedding
 No one danced

 More Sapphire time/tormenting my animal
 In mid-October, we went to Austin for ACL

 And then I went to Puerto Rico to celebrate Katie & Kate turning 30!

 Happy Birthday, Girls! Thanks for the fun!
 In November, I went to the CMA's with my cousin and spent the weekend in my old town, Nashville

 I planned a girls trip at Sapphire that was a perfect weekend. I think it needs to be an annual event
 We celebrated Thanksgiving at the farm

 and decorated the tree early... 
 New West kicked off their concert series
 We traveled home to California for my brother's Outstanding in the Field dinner
 And I went back to Nashville to hang with Evie who has grown so much
 Ryman came too and got to hang with his best bud Jonny Fritz and his crazy motorcycle
 At the end of the month, Mr. Fonty and I spent the weekend back in California in Big Sur. We stayed in a yurt and it was awesome
 I even hiked
 and then it was home to Menlo Park for Chritmas!
 For New Years, we hopped on our 45th plane of the year and went to the ranch. It was the perfect end to a perfect year!



Happy New Year, Friends! Make 2013 your best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment