Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tunesday With George: Double Play

double pick this week!

Tame Impala -- Lonerism
Tame Impala's Lonerism is easily one of my favorite albums of the year, worth every bit of their indie-press darling hype (including a 9.0 from Pitchfork. Producer Dave Fridmann, who I had the pleasure of working with last summer for Ponderosa's recent release Pool Party, leaves his sonic mark all over this expansive album. This one could be my favorite, although it's hard to choose:

Listen to the album HERE

Waylon Jennings -- Goin' Down Rockin': The Last Recordings
I'm generally not a huge fan or advocate of posthumous records, but I'll make an exception in this case. Before Waylon died 10 years ago, he had recorded 12 new tracks with his bass player and longtime bandmate Robbie Turner. So the members of his band The Waylors, with a little help from his son Shooter, got together and finished out the rest of the instrumentation (quite tastefully, I might add). These recordings find Waylon still at the top of his vocal game:

No comments:

Post a Comment