Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tunesday With George : Band of Skulls & ACL Wrap Up

This weeks pick:
Band of Skulls -- Sweet Sour
Our band Ponderosa is fortunate to currently be opening for Southampton, UK rock trio Band Of Skulls, and I in turn, have been fortunate to get to see them play twice in the last week: at the 40 Watt Club and at Austin City Limits. They remind me of a British White Stripes, with an early Black Keys vibe as well (back when they were still gritty).


ACL:
We went to the magical wonderland of Austin, TX this weekend for the Austin City Limits festival. I was my first time to attend since '05, and was well worth the wait. We were able to catch at least some of the following acts during our three day stint:

Trampled By Turtles
Patterson Hood
M. Ward
The Whigs
Delta Spirit
Father John Misty (my favorite show of the weekend)
Big K.R.I.T. (truthfully, this actually sounded quite terrible...but I like his album so much that I figured I'd mention it anyway)
Band Of Skulls
Kishi Bashi
Steve Earle
Jack White
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Gary Clark, Jr.
Tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment