Thursday, March 8, 2012

Click Click Boom

Jim Marshall   by Tim Mantoani 501x720 Jim Marshall
“I love all the musicians – they’re like family. Looking back I realize I was there at the beginning of something special, I’m like a historian. There’s an honesty about this work that I’m proud of. It feels good to think, my God, I really captured something amazing.”
- Jim Marshall
Jim Marshall is one of my favorite rock photographers, who captured so many iconic images and rock stars. Jim died in 2010 at the age of 74, but he leaves behind a legacy captured on film. Since we are about to embark on a week o' music, I thought it would be fun to revisit the golden age of rock and roll - and I wanted to give Mr. Fonty a little 30th birthday present inspiration. Originals can be bought HERE
The Beatles

Johnny and June

1035
Cream

1092
Peter Frampton

Allman Brothers

Joni
Bob Dylan

Jim Marshall - Bob Dylan 1964
Dylan

John Coltrane

hendrix.jpg
Jimi Hendrix
mick_jagger.jpg
Mick Jagger
Jerry Garcia


No comments:

Post a Comment