Friday, July 26, 2013

Fake T*ts Hot Tub

**First, shameless self-promotion. Please vote for Hip Pops for Best Dessert in the Athens Banner Herald. You can vote everyday, and I don't care how many miles away from Little A you are. VOTE HERE**

Well, my friends, I am so very glad I did not make that promise to be a better blogger, because I sure wasn't this week! The Bachelorette was the "Men Tell All" episode, which I find to be exponentially more mind numbing than the actual show, so I chose not to write about it. Sorry I'm not sorry. At least Mr. Fonty got his Tunesday to me on time... sadly, it took me 55 hours to post it.
Blogger (which I use to post this blog) allows me to see search queries that bring people to my site. Most of the time it's normal things like "Fonty Fest" or "J.Crew Necklace", but I just noticed that someone Googled "fake tits hot tub", and found (I am presuming gender) himself at FontyFest. Not sure exactly which post he was directed too, but I'm pretty sure he was disappointed and didn't stay long. Sorry, bud.
Morning Sun
We're getting out of the humid/torrential downpour that is the Summer of 2013 in the south, and are headed up to Sapphire with a big group of friends - 15 adults, 5 kids, 2 babies, and probably about 8 dogs. With highs in mid-70's, it's going to be heaven!
To keep meals simple, each person is bringing a portion of the dinners. Being the hostess, I put myself in charge of the entrees. When cooking for a big group, I like to pick things that I can either prep or make entirely in advance. Doing this has 3 benefits: 1. The dish looks simple, so guests don't feel like you were put out. 2. The dirty dishes are cleaned up before anyone arrives. 3. You can enjoy a glass of wine - the entire reason you have people over in the first place! 
One night we will be having a lightened up version of my favorite pasta dish, The Pioneer Woman's Pasta ala Betsy. I've shared this dish before. Instead of the heavy cream, I will be using Greek yogurt. This dish can be prepped in advance, so all I have to do is boil the pasta and reheat the shrimp and sauce. For the second night, I consulted my best friend who is the most effortless hostess you've ever met (she gets it from her mom). Glynnie recommended this Flank Steak with Lime Marinade from the domestic diva herself, Martha Stewart. 
Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
Courtesy of Martha Stewart
Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
Serves 4
1/3 cup Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Scallions, sliced
2 Tbsp Ginger, minced
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1.5 lb Flank Steak
Mix lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a ziploc bag. Add the flank steak. Let marinade for an hour, flipping occasionally. 
heat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season with salt and pepper. 
Place on grill. Cover. Flip once. Cook 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. 

The icing on this trip is that on Monday, I will be receiving a whole shipment of furniture for the guest house. I will be sure to send some before and after pics of the new space.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Fake T*ts huh? Nice!
    I'm totally making this recipe tonight, looks delish! Yall have a great weekend...wish we lived closer! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete