Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Bicycle Made For Two

I spent some time with great friends in Venice, CA a few months ago. I've always said I could never live in LA. It felt like Atlanta on steroids and my closet would always feel inferior. However, after spending an afternoon in Venice, I was hooked.
As with any hipster town, Athens is a bike friendly city, but most people ride vintage Schwinns picked up at a local Goodwill. In LA the bike is a fashion statement - fancy and stylish.
Linus Bikes,based in Venice, make some of the best looking rides I've ever seen. Founded by 2 South African guys, I can stand behind anything with this description "LINUS is the utilitarian, city bike… simple and reliable but with a personality and style that makes you feel like you’re in an old French movie… you’re floating a little from the wine you drank at lunch… maybe instead of going back to the office you’ll take a nap under a tree, go for a swim in the sea or drop by your lover’s house…" Yes, Please!
If I didn't think I would find a homeless man on Clayton Street singing a serenade to my bike after stealing it, I might consider getting one. I guess there is a reason Athenians get cheap rides.
Linus Lust:
And no bike is complete without hip accessories. I like the un-cutesyness of these bags from Acorn Bags. We don't all need to look like The Von Trapp Family Singers when cruising around town.
Roll Bag Giving new meaning to Saddle Bags

This adorable ticking stripe Handlebar Bag from DNTX has straps to double as a purse. Genius! $95
 

No comments:

Post a Comment