Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nashville CIty Guide

<><> <><> <><>
 Nashville was my home for three years following college, and it is still one of my favorite cities ever. There is no other place that has live music at the majority of venues every night of the week. I get back as often as I can to visit wonderful friends and wonderful local stores and restaurants.

Food:
<><> <><> <><>
Marche
Jacksons - Jacksons is home to the best spicy bloody mary in town and my favorite to-go meal, the chicken-salad torrado. Located in Hillsboro Village, Jacksons is great for sitting on the patio people watching.
Baja Burrito - Lines for lunch get long quickly at this Berry Hill burrito spot. You go through the line and pick toppings like Chipotle, but their fish tacos are like nothing you'd find at a chain restaurant.
Loveless Cafe - Loveless is a bit of a tourist trap, but it is worth having to wait over an hour with people in fanny packs. Don't fill up on the all you can eat biscuits, you'll want to save room for the hashbrown casserole.
City House - City House opened in the last year I was in Nashville. The kitchen is open, so you can see the chefs hard at work on the wood fired oven. The tripe stew and pizzas are to die for.
Virago - I know it is hard to believe that the best sushi I've ever eaten is in a land locked city in Tennessee, but it is true. Virago is my first stop every time I come to the 'ville.
Germantown Cafe - Germantown is great for lunch or dinner. I have tried for years to perfect the curry risotto that accompanies my favorite salmon dish of all time.
Bongo Java / Fido - The food matches the deliciousness of the coffee at these coffee shops in Hillsboro Village and Belmont.
Marche / Margot Cafe - Marche is Margot Cafe's casual, breakfast/lunch/dinner. Both restaurants use fresh, local ingredients with menus changing daily.
Burger Up - Burger Up is new to 12 South District, and it is delicious. I know $15, grass-fed burger restaurants are all the rage, but this one stands out against the rest.
Bombay Palace - Bombay Palace offers the best Indian food ever. I have dreams at night about their Chicken Mirachiwala.
Noshville - If you're looking for a breakfast to keep you full until dinner, look no further than Noshville.
Food Co. - Food Co. was one of my favorite lunch spots when I lived in Nashville. Nothing beats their grilled cheese and tomato soup. They have great take away frozen meals too.

Music Venues:


Our Ryman outside the Mother Church of Country Music, The Ryman Auditorium

Ryman Auditorium
Mercy Lounge
The Station Inn
The Basement
Bluebird Cafe

Honky Tonks:
<><> <><> <><>
Of all the honky tonks on Nashville's Broadway, Robert's Western World was the one we chose for a repeat visit.
Robert's Western World
The Stage
Paradise Park
Robert's Western World

Watering Holes
12 South Taproom
Villager Tavern
The Red Door

Lodging:
Image of Hutton Hotel, Nashville
The Hutton
The Hutton Hotel : The Hutton is big dog friendly and even offers a "Doggy Bag" filled with treats. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment