Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Labor Day

Labor Day always feels a bit bittersweet to me. I hate seeing the end of summer - yes, even after this many years of not having a legitimate summer vacation. But on the sweet side, the long weekend is so nice, as is the all-American activities - cookouts, tailgating, watching football....
I'm so excited to mark this Labor Day with the start of Hip Pops. I hope to see a lot of you out tailgating and cheering on the Dawgs.
After the game, Mr. Fonty and I are headed out to his farm with a crew for the 6th Annual Hideaway Plantation Dove Slaughter. It was this same weekend 5 years ago that across a flip cup table I knew Mr. Fonty was "The One" (I'm pretending the Jager Bombs at Barcode and late night at The Stone House the night before didn't happen).
Go Dawgs!

Flip Cup Victory!
(I'm in the polka dots, Mr. in the blue. Young Love)

I feel a hangover coming on
Happy Laboring!

No comments:

Post a Comment