Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

"Hi. My name is Melissa, and I am addicted to buying coats." I come from a long line of coat junkies. My mom has successfully taken over the closet in my childhood room with nothing but coats. I myself have an entire coat closet that doesn't have a single inch for a visiting guest's jacket. My mom and I often pick out "Tutu Coats" - jackets my grandmother, Tutu, who was always dressed to perfection, would have worn (see The pink Anthropologie coat below for an example). And to top it off, Mr. Fonty's mom recently confessed to me that she too is a coat-aholic - in a city that doesn't drop below 65 in the winter. So, it looks like my future daughter will have no hope. It's in her DNA.
I'm giving in to my desires. My picks for this season's coats:
Coats


Duffle coat
$100 - delias.com

Heritage Raincoat
$288 - anthropologie.com

Coat
$288 - anthropologie.com

Pea coat
$148 - anthropologie.com

Funnel neck coat
$168 - anthropologie.com

Frieda belted jacket
$465 - reissonline.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs striped jacket
$385 - mytheresa.com

Miu Miu hooded cape
$1,809 - mytheresa.com

Marni polka dot jacket
$975 - marni.com

Miu Miu tailored coat
$1,739 - mytheresa.com

Moschino Cheap Chic swing coat
£693 - my-wardrobe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment