Friday, May 4, 2012

Ole!

Cinco de Mayo on a Saturday?! This is just downright dangerous! 


I'm headed to Nashville this weekend. Originally, Mr. Fonty and I were going to go to Levon Helm's Ramble at the Ryman. Sadly, Levon passed away 2 weeks ago. I saw his show at the Ryman about 4 years ago, and it is still one of the best shows I have ever seen. Levon's energy and happy spirit was so infectious. RIP Levon Helm! You will be missed. 


Even though the show was canceled, we decided to still make the voyage to Nashville. I have an order for some margarita Popsicles. Which led me to force my friend Tish to have a Cinco de Mayo party. My freezer reeks of tequila now - going to have to get some baking soda to take care of that. 
I wanted to share my recipe for a Cucumber Honeydew Margarita Popsicle (Or as we like to call it at Hip Pops: Kanye Zest), so you too can 'Pop It Like It's HOT' this weekend. (This can obviously be made a drink as well, but use the honeydew and cucumber juice instead of the whole fruit)


Kanye Zest: Cucumber Honeydew Margarita Popsicle
2 cups Limeade
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 tbsp Orange Zest
Juice of 1/2 an orange
1 Honeydew 
1 Hothouse Cucumber, seeded, peeled, & diced
1/2 c Mint Simple Syrup (optional)
3/4-1 cup Tequila Blanco


Blend together and pour in Popsicle Mold. Let freeze for at least 8 hours. For a salty treat, wet the edges of the pop and dip in coarse Kosher salt.  ENJOY!


Here is some adorable table setting inspiration from Imperfect Polish.





2 comments:

  1. So excited for our Hip Pops! Thanks for making the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the table setting! I am dying for your margarita pops. The perfect summer treat. I will share on my blog soon.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete