Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blue Moon


Well, months after my first post on our mudroom plans, we are actually going to get started in a few weeks (fingers crossed). I promise to post a before picture once I move out all the boxes and stop looking like a hoarder. The room will have a wall of upper and lower cabinets, a refrigerator, and a bench seat with storage and hooks above it - all in about 50 square feet. 
Here is my inspiration board for the room. I love Farrow & Ball's Hague Blue for the cabinets. It is such an unexpected pop, and while it would be a major commitment in a kitchen, I feel like it will work for the long haul in a mudroom. Currently, the floors are some strange painted tile - painted a heinous dog doo-doo brown at that. I think this quatrefoil-style tile will make the room feel more spacious while still being easy to clean - this is a mudroom after all. And no room would be complete without my favorite fabric designer, Block & Brayer. Hollis can make a fabric from any pantone color, so the options are endless. 
mudroom
Currently all of our wedding china is sitting bubble-wrapped in boxes on the floor. It feels sacrilegious. I love how organized this pull out cabinet is to hold plates and platters. I will definitely be copying this for one set of lower cabinets. And a lined drawer for silver flatware would be pret-ty lovely too... Mr. Fonty and I received his great-great grandmother's vintage Tiffany's silver, and it needs a special home. 

for pantry cabinet


Let the demolition begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment