Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Duke Has Landed

Over the years, my girlfriends and I have become completely engrossed in Giuliana and Bill Rancic's plight to have a baby. After each episode of the aptly named "Giuliana & Bill" we will email about the couple as if we are besties. It's pretty pathetic, and so American all at the same time. 
So, to catch you non-watchers up (which is a total travesty. At least give the show one episode. It's so good, I promise.) G & B have tried everything to have a baby, and were unsuccessful. We had high hopes for G a year or so back, but she suffered a devastating miscarriage. I'm not a TV crier, but if I was, this episode would have been really emotional. Through this process, Giuliana finds out she has breast cancer, and shouldn't continue fertility treatments. The couple finally decides to turn to a gestational carrier which is someone who carries their baby. The good news reached the internets yesterday, and.... their healthy baby boy, Edward Duke, was born last night! Congratulations, G & B. I can't wait to watch the season documenting all this - which will of course lead to more totally embarrassing emailing the next morning. 
Here are some of my favorite baby boy gifts if I was actually friends with G&B, and not just delusional fan.

baby


No comments:

Post a Comment