Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mind Your Manners

I was taught at a young age how to set a table, and it has always stuck with me. I think we were in the 2nd or 3rd grade, and one of the moms came to class and taught the girls (I am guessing it was just the girls, because it was the 90's, and people could get away with being sexist) how to set a table. (And no, I did not go to a finishing school. I too am confused about why we did this, but obviously I was very interested).
I think this is such good information to know, especially since some people will be hosting their first holiday and using their wedding china for the first time.

Pinned Image
All the Mountains

I also have trick for remembering which side your glasses are on and which side is your butter plate (so you can politely call out your uncouth dinner mate when they steal yours)
  • Make a "b" and a "d" with your hands (Index finger to thumb, middle finger straight out)
  • Your left hand will always make a "b" for Bread and your right, a "d" for Drink.
  • So easy, huh!?!
I'd love to see the table settings y'all come up with for the holidays! Send them to melcfontaine@gmail.com, and I'll show you off on the Fest.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute pic! I always panic when setting the table for a nice dinner. My mom always reminds me to "eat your way in" - so salad fork is on the outside, dinner fork on the outside. A pic is a little more descriptive ;)

    ReplyDelete